30 June 2008

Ristorante Revista Lunedi (Restaurant Review Monday)





Cibo.....il Cuore di Bologna


To be honest, I was unsure of how to begin blogging my experiences in Bologna...Since everyone asks me about the famous Bolognese cooking--I thought the best way to begin is through the stomach! A culinary tour of my favorite restaurants!

When I first arrived in Bologna on a cold Sunday night, this was my first stop--


Il Tari (Trattoria-Pizzeria)
Bologna Via collegio di Spagna n13
Tel 051226046

I ate at this trattoria many times during my stay in Bologna, and never once was I let down by the fabulous Traditional Bolognese Style cooking. They offer the traditional items such as
  1. Tagliatelle al Ragu--Thick fresh pasta made with a base of eggs, and the traditional meat sauce. The meat sauce is made from a variety of meats from Prosciutto, veal and ground beef.


  2. Tortelloni in una salsa Rossa--Many people don't know that in Italy Tortellini is filled with meat, while Tortelloni is made with fresh ricotta cheese and spinach. This was accompanied by a fresh tomato sauce with cream.


  3. Tortelloni Burro e Salvia--A butter and sage sauce which is so fresh tasting!


  4. Spaghetti con Pomadorini--I know what your thinking! Plain tomato sauce? No! This is a fabulous dish with fresh baby tomatos and basil...I really can't describe how tasty it is!

They also make tasty pizza's to go... with a delicately sweet tomato sauce!


Not only is the food delicious at Il Tari but the owners (husband and wife team from a small town near Amalfi) make your experience unforgetable ...Always offering complimentry limoncello at the end of your meal. They go out of their way to make you happy --if you get lucky they may even make a homemade dessert sampler!



one of the many dinner parties at Tari



My friend with the beloved owners!

5 comments:

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

bologna is one city I haven't been to yet. I keep hearing about the delicious food. Can't wait.

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

I too have never been to Bologna, but I hear it is a lovely 'red' city and it is on my list of places to go!

Anonymous said...

never been to bologna - but get that blog about siracusa written. There are some great liite restaurants there and always eat seefood in Sicily! I love all the little streets that lead to the main square and the duomo!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Steven said...

How to find a Cell Phone with Best Battery Life Cell phone batteries sometimes "die" and need replaced. A rechargeable flashlight offers a host of benefits.