"I can honestly say that if I was told at this moment that I was dying, not my first, not my second, but certainly my third thought would be that I should never see Italy again"--Dame Millicent Garrett Fawcett
There are certain things that I always miss when I'm not in Italy.....
1. the people....just the friendliness and the energy
2. The sound of vespa's ah.....
3. Casino--it makes life more interesting- yes in america everything is fast and efficent, but does it really always make life better? I like to take my time, have funny stories and meet people along the way in life.
4.Pizza from Pizzeria da Michele in Napoli (best pizza ever only 5 euros!)
5. Capiroska alle fragole--they just don't make this drink here!!
6.Lido--the italian beaches are fantastic--much better than the jersey shore where you have to pay 15 dollars to sit on a dirty beach.....in italy i don't mind paying 10 euros for a chair in sorrento....
7. Being able to buy La Perla swimwear--they don't ship to america!! And its much more expensive here.
8. Architecture--In italy even the smallest street can be magnificent because of the old architecture. You can stumble upon hidden treasures!!
9. Italian Music on the radio.....sure i download it...but it's not the same thing as listening to Radio Kiss Kiss.
10. BEING ABLE TO WALK TO THE PIAZZA ! (Sorry this should be number one! I loveeee going to the piazza --sitting down and having gelato, espresso, un panini, granita......)
11. FARE UN GIRO--when there is nothing to do.....you fare un giro! its simply not the same thing in america--everyone always has somewhere to go.
12. Pasta with pepe e pecorino cheese- As served at Boccadivino ristorante in Roma
13. People on the street painting pictures.....
Basically everything execpt for not so nice italians and Venezia . (not so friendly the venetians!)
Baci & Abbracci,